Europe is waiting for the super match Bayern – PSG in the Champions League, on the eve of the German media highlighted an additional intrigue: Munich will play the 500th game in European competition!
A very beautiful anniversary is ahead. In the meantime, a few facts about Bayern’s previous 499 matches.
• 499 appearances in Cup/Champions League, Cup Winners’ Cup, UEFA Cup and Fairs Cup. Matches for the UEFA Super Cup are not included here (still getting there is a very specific story).
• Only Barcelona (580) and Real Madrid (566) have played more European games. Only they have more goals: Real Madrid have 1209, Barcelona have 1148, and Bayern have scored 1044 goals.
• Munich debuted just over 60 years ago. In their only Fairs Cup, Bayern beat Basel 3-0. Then the first defeat happened – 0:1 from the Irish “Drumcondra”. And the first flight – from Dinamo Zagreb in the quarterfinals.
• Since 1969, Bayern have missed only two European competition seasons, 1978/79 and 1992/93, because they had failed in the Bundesliga in previous seasons, finishing 12th and 10th respectively.
• Bayern have played Real Madrid the most with 26 matches (11 wins, 12 losses).
• Of opponents who have played at least five matches, the only negative statistics are against Real Madrid, AC Milan (six defeats in ten games) and Liverpool (lost four times, won twice).
• In European competition, Bayern have failed to score against the only two teams they have played against, Greek PAOK (0-0 twice in the 1983/84 UEFA Cup on penalties) and Aston Villa (0-1 in the 1982 European Cup final). -m).
• Biggest win – 10-0 over Cypriot Anorthosis in the 1983/84 UEFA Cup. Biggest loss – 1:5 against Eintracht Frankfurt in extra time (1979/80 UEFA Cup semi-final).
• Bayern’s most frequent goals scored in the 90th and in stoppage time were 42 goals. Interestingly, the 89th minute is in second place with 25 goals. End Masters.
• Most appearances by Thomas Müller (141), most minutes played by Oliver Kahn (11,702), top scorer by Robert Lewandowski (69), youngest goalscorer by Toni Kroos (17 years and 294 days) and oldest by Lothar Matthäus (37 years and 158 days).
• Bayern won four out of five shootouts. But you remember the one you lost very well: in the home Champions League final against Chelsea in 2012.
• Against clubs from Russia, Bayern played successfully: 13 wins in 22 matches, a difference of 49:19. A 100% result against CSKA, five wins in eight games over Spartak, three out of four over Lokomotiv. With “Rostov” “Bavaria” exchanged victories, with “Torpedo” in Soviet times, both times ended in a draw. With “Zenith” it turned out unforgettable: after home 1:1, the Germans got 0:4 in St. Petersburg in the return semi-final of the 2008 UEFA Cup.
• And what about the top leagues? 27:17 on victories against the English, 22:11 – with the French (now it is especially important), 21:15 – with the representatives of Serie A and 33:21 – when the Spanish clubs are opposite. With all confidently positive balance.
• All matches Bayern have won against Israelis, Luxembourgers and Poles. In addition to them, it never yielded to the Turks, Slovaks, Romanians, Norwegians, Hungarians, Greeks, Albanians and Cypriots. The most impressive statistics are against the Greek clubs, there are 11 wins in 13 matches, the total difference is 36:5.
• Eight trophies in Europe: Winners’ Cup and UEFA Cup once each, Cup/Champions League six times.
“You yourself are funny, right?” The question of the journalist Valery Karpin became viral – she herself laughed when she asked it
“I don’t know what it was.” Supercombback of Kazakhstan from 0:2: turned the game with Denmark in 15 minutes
92.5 thousand spectators at the final of the Spanish Medialiga! Collected almost a complete “Camp Nou”