The team needed to be strengthened and diversified.
Artem Dziuba officially moved to Lokomotiv – this is the loudest winter transfer to the RPL. The forward signed a contract for six months, along with Igor Smolnikov, who was also taken from the free agent market.
The team needed strengthening, competition and rotation options in the attacking group became less over the winter: Girano Kerk was loaned to Antwerp, the future and health of Wilzon Isidor is in question, Marko Rakonyats did not convince in six months and left for Red Star, and Rifat Zhemaletdinov still did not recover.
How will Dziuba affect the team of Mikhail Galaktionov?
What Lokomotiv is playing: narrow 4-3-3, more organized pressing, many combinations through triangles on the flanks
Lokomotiv has already played five games at the winter training camp: lost a victory over Bunyodkor (1:1), defeated Rodina (2:1) and Sochi (2:0), then lost to Johor (0:0). 1), after which he defeated Urartu (1:0). The most significant matches were after Rodina: Girano Kerk and Wilzon Isidor left, and Sergey Pinyaev just made his debut against Sochi.
“We must always be mobile and aggressive. Regardless of where we carry out our attacks, where we organize defense – on someone else’s half of the field, in the middle block or in the low block, our team must know and understand what and how to do in this or that situation. The same applies to attacking actions.– how to carry out fast attacks correctly, how to position yourself correctly in a positional attack, how to work correctly in set pieces.
I think that all these details affect the final result. In terms of a combination of factors, the most important result is the functional readiness of the team,” Mikhail Galaktionov explained after the appointment.
The key thesis of Galaktionov is the selection of a mobile and aggressive model in which the team will show the best qualities. The coach found himself in a difficult situation: he has at his disposal strong and radically different goalkeepers in style, problems in the center of defense, unstable flanks, but a midfield with an interesting set of qualities. As a result, Galaktionov bet on a narrow 4-3-3.
According to Sports.ru, Mikhail thought about this at Pari NN, since he worked with this scheme in the Russian youth team, plus the RFU is interested in this particular model.
It is likely that the Loko coaching staff will not limit themselves exclusively to 4-3-3: in the second half against Johor, the team switched to diamond 4-4-2, and in the first 20-25 minutes against Urartu they used 4-3 -3 with Anton Miranchuk as a false nine (wingers Sergey Pinyaev and François Camano attacked a little higher). Despite personnel problems and experiments, Galaktionov’s main ideas are already visible:
•a trio of forwards are narrowly positioned and press on back passes and defensive errors;
• eights and sixes are high and often in line during pressure;
• midfielders move together when moving to the flank in order to press and pinch the opponent (often it is the eight that reacts to flank throws);
• Full-backs maintain pressure high – for example, when the wingers pressed the opposing third, the full-backs moved higher to deprive the opponents of an option on the flank;
• the most common example: when transferring to the right flank, seven Loko players immediately blocked the nearest options in the other third (attacking trio, midfielders, wingback Nenakhov), forced them to play for the goalkeeper, and then Rakov (played the central hava) and Tiknizyan reacted to translation (timecode – 8:54);
• the minimum percentage of long clearances at the beginning of attacks: the team tends to short passes, and the defenders are often helped by a defensive midfielder or eight;
•flank triangles between full-back, winger and eight are very common– this is the most frequent attacking combination;
• interesting rotation in triangles: players change positions steadily and move a lot – for example, eights help the central defenders play and retreat to the flanks, full-backs rise higher, and insiders go down to play along;
• A perfect example from the first match: Tiknizian’s penetrating pass, the rotation on the ball between Maradishvili and Isidore and Ignatiev’s feint that made room for Miranchuk’s dash from deep (timecode 46:47).
What does Dzyuba’s transition mean: it will deprive him of jerks behind his back, will not help in pressing (but this is not so important), but he will provide a cool play-in
The signing of a six-month contract in February confirms that Dziuba has not caused any excitement in the transfer market. Sports.ru has already explained the reasons in detail ( one , two ): potential toxicity, financial factor, questions about defensive aggression and attacking volume.In theory, Artyom’s transfer also conflicts with Galaktionov’s stated philosophy, but Mikhail spoke about flexibility and clearly did not plan the transformation of Ignatiev and Kamano into pressing machines.
Galaktionov did not overload the central forwards. Yes, Kamano and Ignatiev put pressure on the goalkeeper and picked up the defender if necessary, but their main task was the correct position, while the main intensity fell on the wingers and eights (rushes to the central defenders or wingers).
In the defensive block, the forwards were also not included so often: in some episodes, the gap between the middle line was huge (for example, Kamano did not get into the broadcast at all), and the eights compensated for his passivity with jerks forward (in this episode, at 47:13, Francois played on opornik, so Maradishvili pulled out to the Central Locker).
Borja Iglesias epitomizes a dying forward, but he is organic in his role and is the leader of Real Betis
“Not Spartak, right?” The top scorer of the Zenit double launched the Dynamo Academy in St. Petersburg
“Larionov heard my last name and said: “You will be Zidane.” Interview with the goalkeeper of “Torpedo”, who was born in the Emirates