Nearly 5 million bottles of Fabuloso cleaner are recalled due to bacterial contamination
08:48 ET(13:48 GMT) February 9, 2023
- Disney announces that it will lay off 7,000 workers worldwide…
MORE THAN ECONOMY
Credit Suisse reports its biggest annual loss since the 2008 crisis
US companies in Taiwan suffer from tensions with China
The Royal Mail unveils the first stamps of King Carlos III
More than 400 products are withdrawn from the market due to a possible listeria outbreak
8 million cleaning products with bacteria removed from the market
Nearly 5 Million Bottles of Fabuloso Cleaner Recalled Due to Bacteria Risk
They recall 5 million bottles of Fabuloso due to dangerous bacteria1:23
(CNN) — The company voluntarily recalled nearly 5 million bottles of Fabuloso all-purpose cleaner from the market due to “risk of bacterial proliferation,”informed the company.
According to the company, a preservative “was not added at expected levels during manufacturing,” causing the proliferation of Pseudomonas species, a bacterium widely present in soil and water. Fabulous is owned by Colgate-Palmolive.
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), among those most at risk are those with weakened immune systems, external medical devices, or underlying lung conditions, adding that the bacteria can “enter the body if inhaled , through the eyes or through a break in the skin”.
- More than 400 products, including sandwiches and fruit, recalled due to possible Listeria contamination
An alert issued Wednesday by the CPSC said the 4.9 million bottles were manufactured between December 14, 2022, and January 23, 2023, and were sold at a variety of retailers, including Amazon, Dollar General, Home Depot. , Sam’s Club and Walmart. About 3.9 million bottles were never made available for sale, the company said.
The first eight digits of the lot code for the recalled products are 2348US78 through 2365US78 and 3001US78 through 3023US78, the CPSC said. If a customer has one of these products, they can get a refund througha special website or by calling the company at 1-855-703-0166.
Fabulous asks affected customers to “immediately stop using the recalled product” and to dispose of it in its packaging.
These are the voluntarily retired cleaners
- Fabuloso Original All-Purpose Cleaner, Lavender Scent (22 fl oz)
- Fabulous Multi-Purpose Cleaner 2X Concentrated Formula, Lavender Scent (56 fl oz, 128 fl oz and 169 fl oz)
- Fabulous All-Purpose Cleaner, Lavender Scent (210 fl oz)
- Fabulous Professional Multi-Purpose Cleaner & Degreaser, Lavender Scent (1 Gallon)
- Fabulous Original All-Purpose Cleaner, Refreshing Lemon Scent (22 fl oz)
- Fabulous Multi-Purpose Cleaner 2X Concentrated Formula, Refreshing Lemon Scent (33.8 fl oz, 56 fl oz, 128 fl oz and 169 fl oz)
Passion Fruit Scent
- Fabulous Multi-Purpose Cleaner 2X Concentrated Formula, Passion Fruit Scent (33.8 fl oz, 56 fl oz, 128 fl oz and 169 fl oz)
Spring Fresh Scent
- Fabulous Bleach Alternative Multi-Purpose Cleaner 2X Concentrated Formula, Spring Fresh Scent (56 fl oz)
- Fabulous Professional Multi-Purpose Cleaner & Degreaser, Ocean Scent (1 Gallon)
Three weapons that changed the course of Russia’s war in Ukraine
Arms of the Armed Forces of Ukraine will turn in the opposite direction. The Poles have already felt
The name of Anggy Díaz, the 21 year old girl who was beheaded