On Wednesday, it was announced that Joao Felix had joined Chelsea from Atlético until the end of the season. The London club have confirmed they have loaned the 23-year-old striker until the summer. Atlético have announced that before leaving Felix extended the contract with the club for another season – until 2027.
Chelsea will pay 11 million euros for the loan of the Portuguese, and will also take over the entire salary of the player for the loan period – 6 million euros.
What is important – the 23-year-old striker moved to the Spanish club from Benfica in July 2019 for 126 million euros. And this can rightfully be considered one of the most disastrous transfers in the history of football.
The list includes 14 transfers. It should be noted that 13 transitions took place after 2010, and one more – in 2009. Forward Romelu Lukaku was the only player to be ranked twice.
1. Philippe Coutinho (from Liverpool to Barcelona in 2018 for 120 + 40 million euros);
2. Antoine Griezmann (from Atlético to Barcelona in 2019 for 120 million euros);
3. Joao Felix (from Benfica to Atletico in 2019 for 126 million euros);
4. Ousmane Dembele (from Borussia to Barcelona in 2017 for 105 million euros);
5. Paul Pogba (from Juventus to Manchester United in 2016 for 89.5 million pounds);
6. Eden Hazard (Chelsea to Real Madrid in 2019 for £130m)
7. Harry Maguire (Leicester to Manchester United in 2019 for £80m)
8. Romelu Lukaku (Inter to Chelsea in 2021 for £97.5m)
9. James Rodriguez (from Monaco to Real Madrid in 2014 for 80 million euros);
10. Nicolas Pepe (Lille to Arsenal in 2019 for £79m)
11. Alvaro Morata (Real Madrid to Chelsea in 2017 for £60m)
12. Kepa Arrizabalaga (Athletic to Chelsea in 2018 for £72m)
13. Romelu Lukaku (Everton to Manchester United in 2017 for £75m)
14. Zlatan Ibrahimovic (from Inter to Barcelona in 2009 for 69.5 million euros).